Larix Player for iOS
SRT, SLDP, HLS, Icecast, HLS and RTMP live playback for iOS
Larix Player for iOS covers live streaming playback:
- SRT playback support for streaming over unreliable networks.
- All SRT modes are supported: Pull (Caller), Listen and Rendezvous, libsrt version 1.5.0.
- SLDP full support with real-time adaptive bitrate (ABR) and offset for zap time decrease.
- SLDP has synchronized playback on multiple devices. Visit demo page to see it in action.
- Icecast, HLS and RTMP/RTMPS protocols playback support.
- Apple Low Latency HLS is fully supported.
- AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video.
- AAC and MP3 audio.
- Opus audio via SLDP and SRT.
- AC3 and E-AC3 audio via SRT.
- Apple TV support: tvOS build is available in AppStore. Watch demo video.
- Registers as system handler for sldp://, sldps:// and srt:// links in browsers.
- HTML links with srt:// will be opened in Larix Player with following SRT params: mode(rendezvous/listener/caller), latency, maxbw, pbkeylen, passphrase, streamid
Advanced options include:
- Disable media sync - disables syncing of video and audio, this helps in case if incoming stream inconsistency.
- Use external decoder - streaming library decompresses images prior to sending to display, instead of sending compressed image.
Larix Player free app
You can use Larix Player for free.
Read more about Using Magewell Ultra Encode with the Larix Player App to Transport SRT Streams as example of its usage.
Larix Player may be combined with SLDP web player to cover SLDP iOS browser playback use case. Read this article for more details.